Under limited supervision, perform troubleshooting and repair for broadband two-way residential and business commercial services for cable television and high speed internet from plant distribution amplifier/line extender to customer premise equipment (TV, Set Top Converter, DVR, Modem, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and repair customer cable or high speed internet services from plant distribution amplifier/line extender to the applicable customer premises equipment (CPE) (ie: TV set, Cable Modem, Set Top Converter, DVR, etc…) for residential and/or commercial dwellings, including the repair, replacement, installation of aerial & underground drops, interior wiring, splitters, mini-amps, connectors and drop splices.
- Inspect entire installation at customer’s dwelling to identify any components or equipment associated with the provision of ordered services that are not in compliance with system specifications and repair/correct such. Bury underground drops to company specifications.
- Insure that customer is educated and knowledgeable in the services being provided and with the use of the company provided customer premise equipment.
- Responds to routine customer work/service order inquires and requests.
- Participate in scheduled on-call (stand-by) duties for providing technical repair and system maintenance during non-business hours. Work weekends and overtime as requested by supervisor to meet the needs of company and customers.
- Perform duties of Installer, on and as needed basis, including new connects, reconnects, upgrades, disconnects, audits and equipment retrieval. Maintain daily records, logs, receipts and other documents.
- Provide customer feedback, promote & sell company services. Maintain an appropriate and professional image with the community through appearance, demeanor, driving habits and quality customer interactions at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned/requested by supervisor to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively to customer, using the English language, concerning the operation and use of company services/equipment
- Ability to lift and carry loads of up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds)
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires/cables
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to work in tight spaces, including attics, crawl spaces and other areas requiring installation or repair of cables/equipment by bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to perform job from high places (i.e. poles, ladders and roofs)
- Ability to adhere to Local, Federal regulations and Company policies
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to use the required and assigned hand tools, including electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers in the installation and repair of company services to the customer
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including ladders, cable reel and fully loaded tool belts
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections
- Ability to comply with all Company implemented safety procedures
- Ability to demonstrate courtesy and patience in customer relations
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and electronics
- Knowledge of Company products and services
- Knowledge of appropriate testing equipment (e.g. signal level meters, TDR’s, cable line toners, ohm meters, CLI detection meters, etc.)
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and National Electrical Safety Code
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years as CATV Installer or related technical experience
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid Florida Drivers License and satisfactory driving record
- Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat
- Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the day or night
- Work and travel in inclement weather
- Work performed near power lines and electricity